Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Rice Ball from the Sea!

-Slowly but surely I'm gettin' into the groove of posting!

I would have posted last night but I was too tired after meeting up at my nieces gymnastics to discuss with my sister-in-law the plans for me going up to San Francisco with them on Friday and then the rest of the way up to Portland for my FMT.

But I need to figure out if I want to leave Saturday or stay for the Saturday Party Extravaganza!!!

There will be about 3 partys going on that day (that I can remember...lol)
1. My Niece Klara's Chuck-E-Cheese B-day party
2. A Sort of Baby shower BBQ  party
3. A German Sparkle Party ;)--This one I want to go to the most but its at night :S

Why its a German Sparkle Party?
Is because the couple who is having the party are Moving to Germany for the husband to receive his education soooo...
there going to exit out in Sparkles! 

-My Sister-in-law said its going to be about 100 people in a small little loft so its gonna get crazy and probably a lot of fun :D 

-I just need to figure out if I can go and if I do should I drive a portion of the way that night to Oregon or should I sleep and then get up and go (its about 10.5-11 hour drive from san fran)? hmmmmm... ugh... decisions decisions.... 

ok back to what I made last night....I dont really know what to call it or the name of the version I had at the Japanese restaurant called it....which had flaked salmon, salmon eggs, Hijik seaweed

I wanted to try to re-create it since it was sooo good but I couldn't find all the ingredients...

Dont know what to call it...so Ill call it.... 
The Rice Ball from the Sea!



(Flaked Salmon, Seaweed, Coconut Aminos, Fish Eggs/Caviar)

So funny thing about this recipe....
I got the Caviar for Free!


-How could I get something that has the stigma as being known only to pass the lips of rich snobby people for
Free?

Well you say...

"Have you tried this?" To a Sprouts Market Employee
Employee says, "Would you like to try it?"

Me--.......Yea I would like to try it.. (looks all confused of why he is scribbling all over the bar code then hands it to me)
Employee- Here you go!
Me-- What? You are just going to give me the whole thing for free?
Employee- Yeah I dont think anyone else in the store would like to try it anyway so yeah you get the whole thing
Me--....
Employee-- Its our store policy you can try anything in the store!
Me-- Wow well thank you! (still in disbelief and feel like I need to buy something in the store now lol)

So...Yeah... I got Caviar for Free at Sprouts Market!
Thank You Spouts Ill have to come to your store more now that I know I can do this ;)

So yeah that is the back story of the Caviar ;)

The Rice Ball from The Sea 
Ingredients
  • Pre-cooked Brown Rice (I made mine a little more soft by cooking it with an extra cup of water then it asked for)
  • Dried seaweed (I would have preferred hijik but I had dulse)
  • Canned Wild Salmon
  • Coconut Aminos (Tastes sweet and salty--> soy and wheat free)
  • Fish eggs (would have preferred Salmon eggs but hey I can't complain with Free Caviar right?)
Directions
  1. Re-warm your brown rice in a pan
  2. cook up your dried seaweed according to the package directions (this one was cook in boiling water for 2 min)
  3. Add cooked seaweed to brown rice
  4. Drain water from canned wild salmon then flake with fork 
  5. Add flaked salmon to brown rice
  6. add coconut aminos to taste to the brown rice, Salmon, and seaweed mixture
  7. Cook until everything is up to the temperature you prefer 
  8. place in bowls and eat as is or form a ball with your spoon (to make it fancy looking lol)
  9. Top with fish eggs and Enjoy the Mineral rich salty goodness from the Sea! ;)
With a German Sparkle Party going on in the background
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment