Thursday, March 14, 2013

My travels to Oregon, Day 1-3 of FMT retreat overview and how Flow needs to be a bigger part in my life

Hello all! I know I am behind but I'm gonna try to combine some of the days so that I can hopefully keep up now...

So... the traveling portion... ugh...it was fine for the trip up to San Fran but the way to Oregon oh gosh....bleh...

The only reason the trip from the O.C. to San Fran was easier was not because of the blockage that occurred on the 5 Freeway because of snow... --instead of taking 8hrs. it took 11hrs--.(Sarcasm-- just in case you didn't catch it lol). It was because I got to drive with an Awesome Person named Sean Humphrie! Woot Woot! thanks so much for making the drive so much more enjoyable!

We had awesome conversational topics some of which were:

  • How robots are slowly taking over the world (including the pocket robot in most people's pockets/purses)
  • How the world came to be
  • His potential book idea
  • Nutrition which I was very impressed of his knowledge
  • How I should really write a book on how I healed my Gut through Nutrition and my experience with FMT which is occurring right now!
I'm so glad I got to meet Sean Humphrie since he helped me gain perspective on myself and the world around me :) Thanks Jen for letting me borrow him to give directions!

On the way to San Fran we stopped to pick up sausages at Dittmers for the German Sparkle Party :P
This German shop was so much nicer than the Old World German shop I have down in the O.C. they had a huge selection of different foods and I was actually able to find some foods I could eat! 

I bought- 
Smoked liverwurst- I seriously wish I bought more since I pretty much ate all of it in one sitting :S
Teewurst- I had never tried before but they said it taste like spreadable salami so I thought its gotta be good then! It kind of tasted like it but was definitely saltier and stronger tasting so I don't recommend eating it alone like the liverwurst pair it with some vegetables and other meats
Chocolate covered Marzipan (Dairy-Free!)- the name of the brand was Schluckwerder Chocolate Covered Marzipan This was an amazing experience--I was so happy they sold one that contained NO milk! yeah! 

The next day we went to Mariposa in Oakland before my drive to Portland where I bought:

Rosemary Rolls (Gluten-free & Vegan)- OMG these were so light and fluffy they put the right amount of the gluten-free starches! The first day I bought these I cut one in half and place pretty much all the smoked liverwurst I bought and warmed them up...It was heavenly good :P yum.. the light fluffiness of the bread with the hint of rosemary paired so well with the smokiness of the liverwurst mmmm...
Whoopie Pie(Gluten-free & Vegan)- This totally reminded me of an Oreo cookie but to the max! The cake portion was very moist  and totally tasted like the chocolate portion of an oreo cookie and the icing inside was nice as well
Penguino(Gluten-free & Vegan)- I bought one but I have not tried it yet (I'm hoping that freezing it is ok since I'm trying to stay away from sweets during FMT)



I wasn't able to go the German Sparkle Party :'( my doc said it would be best that I would get there saturday so I could fast on Sun and since it takes 11 hours to drive from San fran to Portland I pretty much ate my amazing brunch of liverwurst with the rosemary bread packed up and left around 12pm so on the drive there I blasted the music while going (80-90mph sometimes 100mph-->only at night though) on the 5 HWY.

I almost made it there but I couldn't make the last 2 hours I was too tired... So I pulled over at a rest stop and slept in my car. Thats where my sleeping bag and robe came in handy since it got really cold in my car...I even put my hat on since it was so cold.. eventually I was able to fully fall asleep but at first I kept waking up from being so cold..(just like camping the first night is always about figuring out how many layers you need to put on lol)

Ill have to put a pic of the inside of my Scion camper ;)

So before leaving I got some free hot water at the rest stop, place a tea bag, drank some before leaving since I was still pretty groggy and went (I had to get there before 2pm since the doc wanted to meet me and the other person before the procedure the next day). I got there in time (11am) but I was tired and hungry from all the traveling...so it kind of sucked having to fast that day since all I could think about was food since traveling does not always allow the best eating habits..but of course I survived...I pretty much drank tons of coconut milk with chocolate stevia to give me some energy from the fat and sugar.

I met Dr. Marks team- two cooks, an acupuncturist  one who does craniosacral and abdominal massage, and the person who prepares the FMT

If you can't go to the Oregon location for FMT

Wow...just to let you know they are all very talented in what they do! 
From the 3 days I have been here..

  • A-mazingly delicious, healthy foods- They are both very experienced cooks who really know what they are doing they start slow with the fiber and each day it increases :D
  • FMT - has been really easily received, Dr. Mark is really in tuned to your needs, and lets you know what is happening in the process. What I think is most important in this whole process is that he makes sure that the delivery does not hurt and he does ask throughout the process if you are ok and if it does hurt to let him know. The great part of this is that all 3 FMT's delivery's have not hurt at all! yeah!!!
  • Acupuncture has been really mind opening in the first session and in the second session I felt more of the immediate results...She discovered that I have low Chi (low life force) which I totally agree since I feel that I have so many cross roads to figure out that could determine my future: what will my health outcome will be from FMT?, what should I do in my life?, Should I move back into my parents home?--I dont think I should since they really mess with my Chi... for many reasons that I wont get into...Should I write a book? etc...
  • Craniosacral has been really helpful since not only is she helping release some of the damage I have had in many of my neck injuries (dog ripping off scalp when 4yrs old, landing on head in gymnastics, 3 consecutive cars accidents all 1 year after another) but whats really cool is that she was able to see who I was down literally to the bones...0_0 she said that my bones have a way of wanting to flow like a dancer she gave the example of when she was slowly stretching my jaw she said it kept on going and she eventually ran out of fingers but my jaw wanted to be stretched further so she had to move her fingers up and it had a beautiful finish like a dancer. That was amazing since I really felt as if she had seen me who I am down deep well she did down to the bones...I am definitely a person of flow... I love the moments in which I am completely consumed by flow... in those moments I discover beauty, happiness, new ideas, abilities  and new creations :)
 An example of flow could be from the other day-- I was hooping in the room I am staying at and there was a beautiful moment in which I was so in tuned with my hoop (which was bliss in itself) that I somehow was able to hoop from my back left shoulder across my back to the front of my chest and back to my back that is when I woke up from my almost trance and brought me back to reality..not only was I trying to re-create this move again in a more conscious state but whats more important is that it showed me if I just let go I can discover the possibilities within what life has to offer but to have this happen I have to be the one in control of my life and find my own bliss.





No comments:

Post a Comment