Wednesday, February 27, 2013

FMT < 2 weeks & my Gut-Healing-Allergenic-Friendly-High-in-Protein-Potentially-Paleo-Protein Shake ;)


-Yes I know I need to get more into the grove when it comes to blogging

But I swear I’m trying and I’m gonna try harder!

Especially to keep you up to date on my travels and how FMT goes 

Well as you know I have been on this crazy journey after with preparing for FMT which is coming up in less than 2 weeks now! Ahh! I’m a bit scared….

Why I am scared is that supposedly on the agreement form I signed to get this done is that its not a guarantee that it will make it better…oh that’s not the scary part…..

Its that it could make it worse! :S Gah!!! Grumble grumble….

If this was last month I wouldn’t have flinched since it was still really bad but now that I have healed so much to practically normal it just makes me second guess what I am doing…

-The main reason why I am still going to do FMT “now” is so that I can expand upon what I am able to eat because right now I do notice certain reactions if I eat foods that have been contaminated or if I get too much of one food I am sensitive to headaches, brain fog, joint pain, etc…

My theory for this reaction is similar to my idea towards why some people develop celiac disease, IBD, IBS, allergies, and all supposedly “autoimmune diseases”…

Whats awesome is that I have finally seen some research being done on this idea:http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11882-012-0291-2


You could probably guess that I would love to do research in this area since I have my own experience with my gut and being able to heal it (which I didn’t even know was possible; that is why I was going for FMT)

I now believe from working with the chiropractors and my own experience that a huge factor to "supposedly autoimmune attacks" are started from an imbalance within the microbiome in our gut which then leads to a leaky gut and therefore an autoimmune attack elsewhere in the body: Arthritis, MS, Celiac Disease, IBD, IBS, Alzheimer’s

like I promised I will give you another recipe this one I have practically everyday for breakfast or as a snack its my:

Gut-Healing-Allergenic-Friendly-High-in-Protein-

Potentially-Paleo-Protein Shake ;) 

Which can be made into many different flavors:

  1. Chocolate milk shake
  2. Dark Chocolate Decadence
  3. Honey Lavender
  4. Chocolate Honey Lavender 
  5. Green Matcha Milk Tea
  6. Root Beer Float

Basic Ingredients for all the protein shakes-
  • 1 TBS-Grass fed Gelatin (I used Great Lakes brand)
  • 1 tsp- Glutamine pwd
  • (can omit but Extra protein boost--I just started using nutribiotic brown rice protein pwd since I discovered I do really well with brown rice now.)
  • 15 drops- of either vanilla creme or chocolate sweet leaf stevia
  • 2 tsp- honey or grade B maple syrup (usually use maple syrup)
  • 1 good pinch of Sea Salt
  • 2/3 cup filtered water*-->*Root Beer recipe use fizzy mineral water
  • 1 big spoonful of coconut milk from a can (I use Natural Value brand Guar gum & BPA free-I buy it from Amazon 
  • 5-7 Ice cubes (depending on your preference start with less to see how many ice cubes you like )


 The ingredients above are the ones I used to make the chocolate honey lavender version

(Chocolate) Honey Lavender ingredients
  • choose honey as sweetener of choice
  • 1/2 tsp of dried lavender possibly could use a couple drops of essential oil in replacement (only a couple drops NOT TSPS!!! I recommend the herb over the oil since taking the oil internally can be dangerous)
  • add cocoa pwd to make chocolate version
Chocolate milk shake
  • 1 TBS Cocoa Pwd
  • Choose Maple Syrup as sweetener
  • vanilla stevia
Dark Chocolate Decadence
  • 1 TBS Cocoa pwd.
  • Maple syrup as sweetener
  • chocolate stevia (makes it super chocolatey ;) )
  • many many many dashes of cinnamon 
  • small half a cap of the vanilla's lid with vanilla extract (if your protein pwd is not vanilla flavored!)
Green Matcha Milk Tea
  • 1/8-1/4 tsp of matcha green tea pwd.
  • use vanilla stevia
  • maple syrup as sweetener
Root Beer Float
  • Root Beer Stevia
  • Maple syrup as sweetener
  • Use fizzy Mineral water
  • use less Ice to make it more like a root beer float
Directions-
  1. Place all liquid and dry ingredients in a good quality blender & blend -----(***if doing the lavender version and you dont want/can't have the fiber then blend just the water & coconut milk with the lavender first then strain it to remove the marc AKA--> herbal fiber leftovers ;) rinse blender and place coconut-water-lavender-infusion back into blender and proceed.)
  2. place the amount of ice cubes you want and blend until smooth and creamy
  3. place in a large glass and enjoy! (the gelatin makes a nice foam on top) *if you want it to be a creamier foam make some gelatin ahead of time! (cook gelatin in water place in fridge so it gells up) just tried this today and it was awesome!

Why is this Protein shake so good for the Gut?

Glutamine- is an amino acid that your gut lining is really greedy about since this is its main energy source so with this in mind it helps give the intestinal lining energy to be able to repair itself.

Gelatin- is a protein that helps with repairing connective tissue since its a direct source of connective tissue from other animals we are able to use this protein which is usually really lacking in American's diets (ex: skinless chicken breast) to help connect the intestinal cells back together to re-form the tight junctions.

Low in sugar, easier to digest sugar, and low glycemic- with the pairing of stevia with natural sugars that are low in fructose its easier to digest for people with FODMAPS intolerance and also helps reduce sugar spikes in the blood which creates systemic inflammation and lessens the body's ability to heal. Also if using the Grade B Maple syrup you will also be receiving many essential minerals which are lacking in most of our conventional foods today and this will help reduce inflammation as well.

Coconut Milk- Easy to digest with its medium chain fatty acids and are easily used for direct energy because of their shorter chain length. Its also great for re-balancing the flora since its fatty acid profile actually helps kill off yeast/candida and other bad bacteria/pathogens.

Sea Salt- Especially for people who have diarrhea adding some sea salt can be really helpful to help re-establish your electrolyte balance in your body and will help you feel better. It also helps lessen the amount of sweetener you need since it helps your taste buds become more sensitive. Sea salt is high many other essential minerals the one I used in this picture is pink because its high in iron.

Water- is essential for your body to properly function:
All of your biochemical reactions within your body require water as a medium without it the reactions will not easily take place.

  • Most people are not hydrated so why not start off with a good dose of water!
Mild symptoms of dehydration could be-
-lethargy
-depression/anxiety
-arthritic pain
-low blood pressure

Low in allergenic profile-
It does not contain any of the top 7 allergy inducing proteins: Wheat/Gluten, Egg, Dairy, Soy, seafood, peanuts, nuts
-This is helpful in knowing since anyone who has a gut problem has a leaky gut and will be reacting to all of these which creates inflammation and prevents healing

If you have any questions or comments please leave them below or if you would like to take an extra step towards your health check out my site at GutInstinctNutrition.Net at the moment I am offering a free 50 min consultation for any of you who are interested!

Trust your Gut ;)
Susan Hamori, Wholistic Health Coach and Nutritionist





No comments:

Post a Comment