Thursday, February 14, 2013

FMT next Month!!! & Gluten-free, Vegan, FODMAP-Friendly Graham Cracker Recipe

Hello I know its been forever again... I wasn't going to write today but I felt like I should at least write a little just to get use to posting :P

So yes I will be getting FMT next month in Oregon woot woot!

Also this new diet I have devised has been helping me feel so much better and let alone no diarrhea :D

So I have decided that I want to go to a Tasty Noodle desert Party in the Mojave Desert this weekend
since I actually feel I could physically do it now and I have been really wanting to go since my sister-in-law discovered them :P

but that comes with a price and that is I am not prepared ahhhhh!

Its kind of like burning man in which you bring all your stuff and can't leave anything behind...ugh...
so I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna wash my sleeping bag on valentines day :S since it wont fit in my wash machine and dryer...., also trying to devise some portable food that I can eat, trying to figure out how I should deal with the bathroom situation which my sister-in-law gave me lots of ideas 0_0

So one thing I realized today on valentines day is that I didn't have anything planned to cook which I usually do... so I thought why not make graham crackers! so that I can Smores this weekend! :D

-I would buy them but the ones at the store--

Kinnikinnick
Gluten Free Smoreables Graham Style Crackers

 have pea protein and Inulin which I dont want to risk since they could be a FODMAP in my digestive tract....

So I made my own!
which I will sharing with you!
You should feel lucky since I usually never share my recipes since I had always had in the back of my mind I would open a store front or sell them but I have discovered that is not what I want to do so.... today is your lucky day!

I try not to bake often since
A) I am to good at it
B) I am really too good at it.... (nom, nom, nom....)



Dry Ingredients:
Susan’s modifications to Cake & Commerce's Gluten-free and vegan Graham Crackers
3/4 cup sorghum flour
½ cup millet flour
1/4 cup Sweet Rice Flour
1/4 cup sucanat sugar
1/2 t Baking Powder
½ t Baking Soda
½ t Salt
Wet Ingredients
1/3 C Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
¼ C Maple Syrup
1/4 C Water about just enough for everything to combine
1 T Vanilla
Preheat oven to 325 (if convection, preheat to 300)
Combine Dry ingredients in a bowl mix then add all liquid ingredients except water mix again then add in water slowly just enough that everything mixes and combines together.
Place blob of dough on a cookie sheet and spread as thin and even as possible with your hands
Then score it with a knife to the size and shape you want your crackers
Bake in a 325 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until dry.
Pull them our and let them sit out to cool and also additionally dry
Once cooled they will break into the size of the crackers you made them!
They taste a little too amazing…(why must I be sooo good at baking…. Gah!)

If you are interested in getting help with your gut or overall health check out my site below


Happy Valentines Day!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment